I am a 27 year old cis female (she/her etc) baker artist person with a love of video games. Expect to see a lot of Pokemon and Animal Crossing, along with fan art for said games. I might do some requests/commissions if you ask nicely. ;3 I'm also a big potter fan, so expect to see a lot of whining about transfiguration homework.
- Donations for Darren Wilson mysteriously halt after reaching over $400K. Darren Wilson Gofundme page officially shut down!!!
- The “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page is deleting comments about basic financial questions and is urging supporters to petition against the Mike Brown Fund
- Time uses the word “negrophobia” instead of “racism” and compares fear of spiders to fear of black people. Seriously.
- The truth about flash bangs
- Public art on Canfield: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- Video from the March on Ferguson
- Video from DC’s Mike Brown Rally
- 10 people from the Lost Voices organization are living in tents (x) until there is justice for Mike Brown
- Mike Brown’s family asks for 4 1/2 minutes of silence tomorrow instead of highway protest
the anti vaccination movement basically consists of random people with no knowledge of medicine going “I can medicine better than doctors” and it would be hilarious if it wasn’t literally killing people
you dont need vaccines, I havent had any and Im still doing great
wow, what a compelling argument. you’ve got me
in other news, i am still alive therefore death must be a myth
I don’t think the comment “bisexuals have straight privilege unless they’re in lesbian relationships” makes any more sense than saying “lesbians have straight privilege while they’re single”. This makes the assumption that all bisexuals who are single or in opposite-sex relationships actively hide their sexual orientation.
If a gay woman keeps her sexual identity secret while she’s single in order to avoid discrimination, we don’t accuse her of co-opting straight privilege – we sympathize with her for feeling the need to closet herself. So why the double standard for bisexuals?
It might not apply to you, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t straight-looking femme lesbians, or androgynous-looking, rainbow-wearing, alternative-haircut-having bisexuals. My point is that that comment oversimplifies and overgeneralizes things in a way that seems unreasonable to me.
A human being’s worthiness of basic necessities should not be determined by their capacity to produce profit for corporations.
How else are you gonna determine who gets stuff? Just give it away?
The things people need to survive? Basic necessities which are produced in abundance? Absolutely those be should be given away. Food, water, housing, and health care should be guaranteed and no price within a society that produces enough for everyone (as ours does)
Y’all believe it now?
You’re fucking kidding me right?
People are suffering to Ebola and America had a way to potentially cure it
AND THEY REFUSE A FUCKING REQUEST?
Does saving lives not mean anything to anyone anymore?
I fucking cant
Who’s really surprised? AMERICA isn’t shit & never will be.
They said it costing too much was part of the issue but I haven’t seen the government have any issue with the billions of dollars they constantly give Israel to do any mother fucking thing they please.
Seriously?! the US ain’t shit
Didn’t they give it to a Spanish patient today
It’s fucking true. They said no to Nigeria. But then ship it right the fuck out to Spain for one patient.
It is so hard to love a country that does not value you/people who look like you.
Told y’all this was going to happen. Just like what they did with the HIV/AIDS drug treatments.